1. Basic Policy for Information Disclosure
Nippon Shinyaku Co., Ltd. (hereinafter the “Company”) has deeply acknowledged that the timely and proper disclosure of corporate information forms the basis of sound capital markets. The Company is committed to strive to disclose information in a timely and fair manner to all stakeholders and media in accordance with the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act and other applicable laws and regulations and the rules and regulations of the stock exchanges where the Company’s shares are listed.
2. Information Subject to Disclosure（Definition of Material Information）
- 1) Information that the Company is required to disclose by Rules on Timely Disclosure of Corporate Information by Issuers of Listed Securities of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (“Timely Disclosure Rules”) and other rules and regulations.
- 2) Information to which the above-mentioned rules and regulations do not apply but may have an impact on the investment decision.
3. Methods of Disclosure
- 1) The Company will disclose material information subject to disclosure by Timely Disclosure Rules through the Timely Disclosure network (TDnet).
- 2) The Company will promptly disclose other information through press releases, press conferences and other manners, depending on the importance and urgency.
- 3) Information disclosed under above 1) or 2) will be promptly posted on Nippon Shinyaku’s corporate website following disclosure.
4. Disclosure of Future Prospects
The information about future prospects disclosed by the Company may include risks and uncertainties regarding its business strategies, plans and forecasts as of the disclosing date. Actual results may differ from the future prospects.
5. Responding to Market Rumors
The Company will not make any comments on market rumors in principle. However, if such rumors substantially affect the capital markets or if the Company is requested by the stock exchanges or other institutions, the Company may properly respond to that.
6. Quiet Period
The Company has defined the period from the next business day of the end of each quarter to the day of the announcement of financial results of the quarter as a “Quiet Period”, and during the Quiet Period the Company will refrain from making any comments and on financial results and responding to the questions to prevent a leakage of financial information and to ensure the fairness. However, if earnings forecast is expected to significantly change during the Quiet Period, the Company will disclose the information in a timely manner. The Company will also respond, even during the Quiet period, to the questions regarding the information which has been released.
7. Framework for Information Disclosure
The Company has formed the IR Committee to establish and revise the policy for information disclosure and to discuss the possibility and methods of information disclosure.
Policy for Constructive Dialogue with Shareholders
In order to achieve sustainable growth and increase mid-term and long-term corporate value, the Company establishes an internal system for reliable information disclosure, creates a framework to properly incorporate the content of dialogue with shareholders into management, and actively participate in constructive dialogue with shareholders.
1. Chief Officer Responsible for Constructive Dialogue（Spokespersons）
Director in charge of Business Management who supervises the Corporate Planning Department, the department in charge of IR, is responsible for constructive dialogue with shareholders.
2. Measures for Organic Coordination between Internal IR Representatives for Supporting Dialogue and Each Division
The Corporate Planning Department, Finance & Accounting Department, R&D Administration Department, etc., will coordinate and respond to each other to realize constructive dialogue.
3. Basic Stance for Individual Interviews
Directors including External Directors, Corporate Auditors, Corporate Officers, etc., will handle requests for individual interviews from shareholders, investors, etc., if any, to the extent reasonably possible, in consideration of the purpose or intent thereof.
4. Efforts to Enhance Dialogue Means Other Than Individual Interviews
A financial results briefing will be held twice a year, in May and November, in which both the top management and Executive Directors from Business Management, R&D, Sales and Marketing, and Functional Food Division will participate in direct dialogue with investors. In addition, the Director in charge of Business Management will be responsible for arranging conference calls regarding the financial results in August and February.
5. Measures on Feedback for the Executive Management and the Board of Directors on Dialogue Content
A securities analysis report based on the information provided at the financial results briefing will be submitted promptly to the executive management. If necessary, feedback on the content of the dialogue will also be provided to the executive management.
6. Measures Related to Insider Information Management upon Dialogues
The Company will prevent leakage of insider information based on the Information Disclosure Regulations, Insider Trading Regulations, and Rules Regarding the Management of Internal Information. In order to prevent leakage of financial results information, the Company implements a quiet period from the following business day of the end of each quarter to the date of the announcement of financial results.
Matters of note regarding the “IR information” pages on this website
Viewers of this website are requested to accept and understand the following:
The website carries information on Nippon Shinyaku’s future prospects, such as plans, business strategies, and business performance review; actual business results may significantly differ from these prospects due to various risks and uncertainties.
The website is not operated for the purpose of soliciting investment.
The website contains information on pharmaceutical drugs (including products currently under development, that is, those “in the pipeline”). Such information is not intended to advertise and propagate such products or to offer medical advice.
The information on this website is subject to change without prior notice.